Confirm page

liunx

is there a way to make a drop-down box in a form pass a web link to the conformation page<!--content-->what are you trying to do? Send a value from a drop down list from one page to another? Looks like its time you get a nice book on a server side languagea, if you want data to be transfered securly from page to page one will be neccessary. Some server side languages are ASP PHP ASP.NET CGI JSP CF etc.<!--content-->Thanks for the help..........Im trying to feel my way through this! when selecting Challenger 604 I would like to pass a link (instead of text) to the confirm page<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"><br />
<!--webbot bot="SaveResults" U-File="..//_private/form_results.csv" S-Format="TEXT/CSV" S-Label-Fields="TRUE" --><p><br />
<select size="1" name="D1"><br />
<option value="pass a link from here">Chalenger 604</option><br />
<option>Gulfstream III</option><br />
</select></p><br />
<p><input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1"><input type="reset" value="Reset" name="B2"></p><br />
</form><!--content-->like I said it sounds like you are going to need a server side language if you want this to be dont securly, because 13% of the internet does not support java script so 13% of the time your code if done client side will not work. If you used a server side language you could easily pass it as a query string, set a session variable, alternate a referrer w/ a redirect, temporarily save it in a data base, there are tons of ways to do this server side. The easiest is a qery string where you say <br />
if option1.selecteditem.value == "this" then go here?var=value<br />
then on the next page request query string var and pickup that value. Its like the address bars of this forum ?s=&action&threadid=23457<!--content-->

Back