Configure mail server to work with PHP

JasmineJ

My current project is a form that receives input from a user.After I receive that data, I must send a warning/report to a few email addresses, including the user who inserted the data.Almost everything is up and running, Apache, MySQL, PHP.Now I never installed a mail server, to work with PHP so I'm kinda lost.My employer has MS Exchange 2007 on his server installed. Should I use it, and how would I start to configure php to work with it? What do I need from the Exchange 2007 (parameters)?If not, would you recommend installing a new mail server for just this purpose on the same machine that has Apache+MySQL+PHP?I am more inclined to use the already present Exchange server, but I read at some online articles that it's not the easiest thing to configure.UPDATE: \[code\]<?phpinclude("Mail/Mail.php");/* mail setup recipients, subject etc */$recipients = "[email protected]";$headers["From"] = "[email protected]";$headers["To"] = "[email protected]";$headers["Subject"] = "User feedback";$mailmsg = "Hello, This is a test.";/* SMTP server name, port, user/passwd */$smtpinfo["host"] = "mail.name.com";$smtpinfo["port"] = "25";$smtpinfo["auth"] = true;$smtpinfo["username"] = "username";$smtpinfo["password"] = "pass";/* Create the mail object using the Mail::factory method */$mail_object =& Mail::factory("smtp", $smtpinfo);/* Ok send mail */$mail_object->send($recipients, $headers, $mailmsg);?>\[/code\]Using this example above I can't send mail through Exchange 2007.I get no errors output on the page, so I'm kinda lost. Don't know what is wrong.UPDATE: Can anyone recommend a good mail server?

Back