Concealing Source Code

windows

How can I keep my code from bieng viewed.<br />
I see on some sites that there is a restriction when you right click and select "View Source".<br />
<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->I suggest you learn proper HTML coding so you are not ashamed of it. <br />
Another suggestion is to read before you write.... there are plenty of posts on the subject... you doing a search before making a post would save everyones time.<!--content-->to sum it up, there's no way to stop people viewing the html code.<br />
if you disable right click, they can click view -> view source. if you somehow manage to disable that (you can't to my knowledge) then the page can be saved as, then edited in notepad.<br />
if a half intelligent person really wants to see html code, they will.<br />
oh, and use the search button ;) :p<!--content-->Admin/mods, PLEASE make a sticky for this type of thread.<br />
<br />
EDIT: How about a generic thread title of "Before you post" and then tell people to use the search feature because the question may have already been answered, and then give some anwsers to some of the all too common questions, ie no right click/view source and tables for layout.<!--content-->Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! If I had 1 pence for ever time I see this same question I would be rich.<br />
<br />
Pete?<!--content-->Nah, that's hopeless...<br />
Those who do not care to do some investigation (doing a search, reading guidelines) before posting, will go straight to the "New Topic" button regardless of all the possible stickies and what not...<br />
<br />
Here is an alternative idea :D :D :D <br />
How about putting all the "required reading" links on the signup page and then having a quiz as part of the sign up process :D :D :D<!--content-->http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26841<!--content-->Lol...that's a good idea. Well, as a newbie to like any forum I'm a member of, I know why they just start a new thread...cause it's easier...lol. I mean if you look at all the posts and stuff that are on these sites, there is no way you can read them all. I know what you mean though, getting annoyed by seeing the same questions. "So how do you hide the html code?" lol...just kidding. But yeah, there is often too much stuff that you would need to read that is similar to your post, just to get to the answer you are looking for. So, yeah, I will probably be one of those that posts a question that has already be answered half a million times, and when I do..please don't hate me..lol. Well heck, lets start now, How do you justify text? or more specifically, How do you justify text around a picture? I got the text aligned to the left, and the picture to the right, but not justified. Lol...forget that..I am just being a pain, I will look it up. Thanks for all your patience you guys! Lol.<!--content-->Originally posted by fredmv <br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26841">http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showthre ... adid=26841</a><!-- m --> <br />
<br />
And all I'm saying is, that needs to be a sticky in at least the General and HTML forums too because the queastion gets asked a ton there too.<!--content-->kinda off topic, but I've got a question about one of the links in your sig spufi. In the common errors list ->Effects ->#3, it says that use of custom cursors is a mistake, is this always the case, or only for obnoxious ones.<br />
The reason I ask is, I once made a zoomable map with javascript, that had a zoom (for which I made a custom cursor) and pan (for which I used the move cursor)<br />
Would you consider this too bad obnoxious or helpful?<!--content-->Originally posted by samij586 <br />
kinda off topic, but I've got a question about one of the links in your sig spufi. In the common errors list ->Effects ->#3, it says that use of custom cursors is a mistake, is this always the case, or only for obnoxious ones.<br />
The reason I ask is, I once made a zoomable map with javascript, that had a zoom (for which I made a custom cursor) and pan (for which I used the move cursor)<br />
Would you consider this too bad obnoxious or helpful? <br />
<br />
1. I so need to go back and work on doing the write up version of that.<br />
<br />
2. Not all cursor switching is bad. Using the help cursor in the right place is a good thing. I have seen where people add a magnifying glass icon for things like images that can be zoomed into, or out. Both of those I would consider as being helpful to the user. My biggest pet peeve would be using a custom icon just for the kicks of it, or obviouly those ones that have junk/text trailing around the cursor. I think that's done more via JS than a custom made cursor.<!--content-->

Back