coloured scrollbars

admin

Administrator
Staff member
ok, i'm totally new to html, i'm learning it while trying to build a website, i'm as new to this as to writing html stuff. easy stuff (links, images, text, changing colours,widht...) is already possible without copying it anywhere (i've spent much time on that in the holidays) <br />
<br />
i hate those browser default scrollbars, i want my own<br />
but i've never found a code or anything for that :( <br />
i found this forum through google, but you guys seem to be a better help than the people at Lissa's forum (i can't even post there, don't know why)<br />
<br />
can anybody help me please?<!--content-->check <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.solardreamstudios.com">http://www.solardreamstudios.com</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
This guy has great CSS tutorials. Keep in mind the the scrollbars will only work with IE and when (and if) you validate your document you'll get errors (just ignore them!)<!--content-->Add the following code between the <head> and </head> tags:<br />
<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!-- <br />
body { scrollbar-base-color: red; <br />
scrollbar-face-color: red; <br />
scrollbar-track-color: red;<br />
scrollbar-highlight-color: red;<br />
scrollbar-3dlight-color: red;<br />
scrollbar-shadow-color: red; <br />
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: red;<br />
scrollbar-arrow-color: red; }<br />
// --><br />
</style><br />
<br />
<br />
For a basic scrollbar, you can also use this:<br />
<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!-- <br />
body { scrollbar-base-color: red; }<br />
// --><br />
</style><br />
<br />
<br />
Just change 'red' to whatever colours you want.<!--content-->wow! you guys are fast and the answers are helpful, i never got helpful answers in the last month, it's not easy doing everything without help. i didn't expect any answers so far :eek: i think i now will come here with every problem i got :D<!--content-->Well.... now how is he suppose to learn to search for the stuff like I did :D <br />
<br />
Just kidding mate! :P<!--content-->Originally posted by karinne <br />
Keep in mind the the scrollbars will only work with IE <br />
<br />
Konqueror supports coloured scrollbars too, now. Konqueror 3.0.1 supports parts of it, and 3.0.3 supports all (I'm not sure about 3.0.2). It doesn't display it the same as IE, however.<br />
<br />
And since the new Mac browser Safari uses the same engine as Konqueror, maybe it supports it too.<!--content-->well, that should not be a problem, the site is mainly for people i know from the net (aka online friends) and some (real-life-) friends :) and at least all my r/l friends use ie, most of them don't even know that there exists something else than netscape or ie, they don't understand the difference, i told them to use ie, the newest version please, they think i know what i'm saying and that i understand it, they are not much into computer or internet stuff (two of them have their own comp, their own internet connection, but they can't even burn a cd without help :anykey: )<br />
<br />
(and no, i don't know any mac-people)<br />
<br />
you guys rock!<!--content-->What I like about using the scrollbar CSS is, even though it'll fail to validate, browsers that don't support it simply ignore the code; it won't 'break' the site in non-IE browsers.<br />
<br />
I think colouring the scrollbar can look really nice too, if done properly. :)<!--content-->if your still having trouble making them, try <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.stickysauce.com">www.stickysauce.com</a><!-- w --><br />
<br />
they have a CSS generator and a hex code sheet as well to make life easier. you just have to modify there code a bit so it says<br />
<br />
type="text/css"<br />
<br />
so thats its W3C compliant :)<!--content-->

Back