codeigniter and ajax help

shevchenko

I have a form that has sections hidden until, the correct piece of data is submitted. I am wanting to do this through jQuery and ajax. I was hoping that I would be able show the next element on the form if the last piece entered into the database ok, currently my controller looks like this, \[code\]function add_career() { $data = http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3829296/array(); $this->load->model('admin_model'); $this->load->library('form_validation'); if($this->input->post('career_set') == 'Save') { $this->form_validation->set_rules('career_name', 'Career name', 'required|min_length[3]'); $this->form_validation->set_rules('career_desc', 'Career description', 'required|max_length[3000]'); $this->form_validation->set_rules('useful_info', 'Useful Information', 'max_length[1000]'); $this->form_validation->set_rules('useful_links', 'Useful Links', 'max_length[1000]'); if ($this->form_validation->run() == FALSE) { $this->template->build('admin/add_career'); } else { if($this->input->post('degree_needed')) { $degree_needed = 'Yes'; } else { $degree_needed = 'No'; } $this->load->model('careers'); $insertCareer = $this->careers->save( $this->input->post('career_name'), $this->input->post('career_desc'), $degree_needed, $this->input->post('useful_info'), $this->input->post('useful_links') ); $insertCareer['career_id'] = $this->db->insert_id(); //save the data in the session, so we can to it if need be $this->session->set_userdata(array('career' => $insertCareer)); $this->firephp->log($this->session->userdata); } } $careerData = http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3829296/$this->session->userdata('career'); if($this->input->post('salary_set') == 'Save') { $this->form_validation->set_rules('basic_salary', 'Basic salary', 'required|max_length[12]'); $this->form_validation->set_rules('trained_salary', 'Fully trained salary', 'required|max_length[12]'); $this->form_validation->set_rules('progressed_salary', 'Progressing onto salary', 'required|max_length[12]'); $this->form_validation->set_rules('average_salary', 'Average salary', 'required|max_length[12]'); if ($this->form_validation->run() == FALSE) { $this->template->build('admin/add_career'); } else { $this->load->model('salaries'); $insertSalary = $this->salaries->save( $this->input->post('basic_salary'), $this->input->post('trained_salary'), $this->input->post('progressed_salary'), $this->input->post('average_salary'), $careerData['career_id'] ); $this->session->set_userdata(array('salary' => $insertSalary)); $this->firephp->log($this->session->userdata); } } if($this->input->post('course_grades_set') == 'Save') { //first off we need to save the grade details $this->load->model('grades'); $this->load->model('course'); $this->firephp->log(count($_POST['grade_desc'])); foreach ($_POST['grade_desc'] as $k => $v) { $this->firephp->log($v, 'Looped Results'); $insertGrade = $this->grades->save($v, $careerData['career_id']); // theorertically we should be able to save the assicated course at the same time using $k $insertCourse = $this->course->save( $_POST['course_type'][$k], $_POST['course_names'][$k], $_POST['course_links'][$k], $this->db->insert_id() ); $this->firephp->log($insertGrade, $k); $this->firephp->log($insertCourse, $k); } //$insertGrades = $this->grades->save() //); } $this->template->build('admin/add_career', $data);}\[/code\]I basically need to my ajax to check that the last data was submitted to the data base ok and then change the display none on the next form to display block? Is this all possible? How would I check that the data has succesfully been saved before showing the next step of the form.

Back