.co.uk reg problem

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have no experience with .co.uk domains but am having a headache with one right now.

A friend bought a business which included a .co.uk domain. The domain is registered in the name of a UK web design company not the name of the original owner of the business/domain or the new owner (my friend, who we麓ll call Bill).

When Bill asked the design company to please change the registration details to reflect that he is the owner of the site the web design company waffled and faffed about - though they did indicate that the changes would be made.

After two months, Bill sent a more strongly worded email asking again for the domain reg details to be changed in his favour. The web design company went ballistic saying their integrity was being questioned! They have given him 8 hours to find a new host and they have disabled his email which means that right now clients cannot book on Bill麓s website.

Now of course, finding a new host is not a problem. I would simply advise Bill to oopen an account with Futurequest who I have used happily for years. What I don麓t understand is the web designers reference to sending them the IPS-tag number. As far as I can tell FQ does not have a IPS-Tag. Must .co.uk domains be hosted with companies in the UK?

Also the web designer made reference to the new host being able to change registration details. Is that so?

I guess the quickest way forward would be to find a UK host which already has an IPS tag?