CMS and Shopping Cart?

liunx

I have created a number of websites in HTML successfully, but i have now been asked to create a site with a shopping cart or a website which can be updated by the client instead of me, e.g Content Management System??<br />
<br />
Quite simply, i don't know how!!<br />
<br />
I do know that there is software out there that can do this.<br />
<br />
However, would it be ideal to buy off-the-shelf products or start to learn how i can create my own Shopping Cart and a Content Management System?<br />
<br />
If i bought off-the-shelf products (which i would prefer due to time constraints, as i am already learning Flash), are there any shopping carts or content management systems, which someone can recommend?<br />
<br />
Any recommendations would be appreciated.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance..<!--content-->you are going to need a server side language. ASP PHP CGI ASP.NET JSP etc.<!--content-->i'm sure he hadn't figured that out by himself...<!--content-->I don't think he has since he is talking about learning client side technologies. To do this client side would make a site laggy and insecure.<!--content-->I do know that i would need to learn a server-side language, that is only if i had control over a server, which i currently do not have due to the hosting package i have chosen.<br />
<br />
Also because i am learning Flash and i do not really have time to learn a server-side language, can you recommend a off the shelf CMS and Shopping Cart please?<br />
<br />
Thank you for replying guys..<!--content-->Find a better host that offers server side languages is all I have to say. Cant help you with any hosted shopping carts or anything like that but I know of plenty of premade ones if you ever find a new host :D<!--content-->There may be soem shopping carts available,do google search.<br />
However I usually recomend of a custom application,because needs for a CMS + shopping cart do vary from case to case.<!--content-->

Back