Classic ASP - Sending Email To Own Domain with CDOSYS fails

oricdyday

I have a classic asp email script that uses authenticated CDOSYS to send to emails from a database. It's running on a Parallels Plesk Windows 2008 server.This works fine for all email addresses except for any addresses that belong to sites on the server I am sending from.I could authenticate using a Google Apps email account (the domain is set up using Google Apps for email) BUT I would run up against Google' 24 hour sending limits each time the client ran the script.Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong or explain why email to sites on the sending server causes an error? The error is \[code\]error '8004020f'/admin/send-group-email.asp, line 128\[/code\]which is the objCDO.Send lineThe Code : (primarydomain.com is the domain name of the primary account the site lives under in Parallels. The SenderEmail value would be, for example, [email protected])\[code\]Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration") With cdoConfig.Fields .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "localhost" .Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = 1 .Item(cdoSendUsername) = "[email protected]" .Item(cdoSendPassword) = "thepassword" .Update End With while (NOT RS_Emails.EOF) Dim objCDO set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message") objCDO.Configuration = cdoConfig objCDO.From = CStr(Request.Form("SenderEmail")) & " (" & CStr(Request.Form("SenderName")) & ")" objCDO.To = RS_Emails.Fields.Item("email").Value objCDO.Subject = CStr(Request.Form("Subject")) objCDO.HTMLBody = message objCDO.Send set objCDO = Nothing RS_Emails.MoveNext Wend set cdoConfig=Nothing\[/code\]

Back