Classic ASP issue with GetObject(“WinNT:”).OpenDSObject()

adel86

I have two sites set up in IIS 7, each of which have virtual directories using the same file system folders as their source (both sites are running the same code).Site A is set up using the "main" ip address of the server (and the address associated with the server name) while Site B uses an additional IP address.The following code executes without a hitch on Site A.\[code\]On Error Resume Next Set adsNameSpace = GetObject("WinNT:")If Err.Number <> 0 Then Response.Write(Err.Number & " " & Err.Description & " 0<br />")Set adsObject = adsNameSpace.OpenDSObject( "WinNT://" & ACTIVE_DIRECTORY_DOMAIN, userName, password, 0 )If Err.Number <> 0 Then Response.Write(Err.Number & " " & Err.Description & " 1<br />")\[/code\]However, when the above code is executed on Site B, the OpenDSObject() method returns the error "-2147023584 A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated."I have found another post here where the error is the same, but the situation seems to be different.Classic ASP (VBScript), 2008 R2, error using AD to authenticateThe application pools used by Site A and Site B are set up the same. In fact, I can switch Site A to use Site B's application pool and it works fine. And when I switch the IP address used by Site A and Site B, Site B works, but Site A throws the same error.I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that Site B is not using an IP address associated with the machine name and the AD services don't like that.I hope that there is enough detail here. Thanks in advance for any help!

Back