Classic ASP - Create JSON object and store in database

skootz

Background.I have a requirement to transfer transaction data between different servers/databases (all servers are using the same business application). To achieve this, I am planning to store the data to be transferred from the 'source' database as a CLOB in oracle.As the structure of the transactions may vary, I need a flexible method to achieve this, so my plan is to build the data into a JSON object and then store this in the CLOB. An VB.Net application running on the 'target' server will pull the data from the host database, and then the JSON object will be processed, and loaded via the business application interface into the target database, ensuring the relevant validation is performed etc.My problems.How can I create a JSON object in Classic ASP, which I can then insert into Oracle?How can I read this object in ASP.NET, and convert to an array in VB?The JSON objects will be in the format:\[code\] [{field0 : data, field1 : data, ...}] \[/code\]or\[code\] [{field0 : data, field1 : data, ...} {field0 : data, field1 : data, ...}] \[/code\]i.e each 'record' may have 1..n fields, and there may be 1..n records.Thanks in advance.

Back