CIM-XML problem!

wxdqz

Thanks in advance.

This is regarding CIM-XML

I've editted two xml files (just simple translation of some labels/alert windows for a service desk program), and one isn't working. The first that was sent to me was without a CIM_DTD file and could only be opened in Wordpad. I did so, had to save it as an rtf, then opened it in Microsoft Word, and finally saved it as an XML. No problems.

The second one I was sent had an accompaying CIM_DTD file and when I opened it in it opened in Word, and showed actual tag structure (as opposed to being all text like the first xml that i first had to save as rtf). I went ahead and translated some things in this file too, saved it as an XML, but it refuses to work. Word displays it with these purple tags. Something about this is screwing up implementation. The file that works was rich text > saved as .doc > saved as XML. This one is xml > saved as xml...but doesn't work?

Is there a reason that opening the xml in wordpad, saving as rtf, opening in word, saving as XML works, but opening directly from word, and then saving as still xml, doesn't???

I'm not the guy implementing the XML so if you need more details I can definitely find out.

Any help is appreciated.

Back