Chromeless windows (dynamic drive)

liunx

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/chromeless.htm">http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde ... meless.htm</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
I am using chromeless windows for my website, but I was wondering if there is any way for the page to automatically change to a chromeless window, instead of a link having to be clicked on.<br />
<br />
For them to work, you have to click on a link which opens a chromeless window. If there is not a way for the page to automatically change, is there a way of redirecting the user to the page. I know you can get redirection scripts but I cant seem to get them to open the chromeless window!<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance<!--content-->as far as i know, you can't do that.<br />
<br />
in addition, XP users won't see it. users of non IE5+ browsers won't see it, either. so it's hardly worth doing anymore. besides, everyone and their mother were doing that a year ago.<br />
<br />
neat little tricks get old pretty quick.<!--content-->I have tried it on 3 computers with XP, and all of them can view chromeless windows.<br />
<br />
Most people use IE 5+ dont they?<!--content-->Originally posted by jonathanbull33 <br />
I have tried it on 3 computers with XP, and all of them can view chromeless windows.<br />
<br />
Most people use IE 5+ dont they? what the--??! i thought XP wouldn't allow chromeless! when did this happen??<br />
<br />
yeah, most people use crap browsers. Mozilla will catch on if IE7 reeks, which it will.<!--content-->the chromeless window appeared on my XP machine, but not on my 2000 one. wierd.<!--content-->I've always been able to view chromeless browsers. And I have XP, and have had.<!--content-->straigth from dynamic drives site<br />
<br />
Developer's note<br />
<br />
So how is a chromeless window created? After all, as of sixth generation browsers, no default method exists to render such a window. Well, the secret's in IE4+'s support for another window function- open in fullscreen. A "fullscreen" window in IE4+ does not contain the default chrome. Couple that with some inventive scripting, and you've got a fully customizable chromeless window!<!--content-->aha, so its cheating. i knew there was a catch. always is one ;)<!--content-->

Back