Chief First Post - Every Page - [Thread Based]

KrazyFire

With this mod, you can convert the view of the thread in to 4 different type. Additionally you can change the view as you edit click the edit button. The 1st message of the thread will stay at top all the time even while you are checking other messages related to this subject.

Thread Type
Postbit Article
Postbit Flipped
Postbit Normal
Postbit Legacy

install

Go to your admin cp, then:
Plugin System -> Manage Products -> [Add/Import Product] -> Select 'product-chiefpost.xml' from your computer then press 'Import'

Modifications Info

Plugin : 12
Phrases : 3
Template : 3
Setting : 0

Versions:
v1.0 - 24 August 2007
-First release

v1.0.1 - 26 August 2007
-Rating Phrase fixed

v1.1.0 - 6 May 2008
-vBulletin 3.7 release
-Rating Phrase fixed

v2.0.0 - 13 October 2008
-vBulletin 3.8 release
-Template Problem Fixed
-No Rating Problem Fixed

With this mod, you can convert the view of the thread in to 4 different type. Additionally you can change the view as you edit click the edit button. The 1st message of the thread will stay at top all the time even while you are checking other messages related to this subject.

Gantz

Very useful, I was wondering though. how can I add a google ad to the right in the postbit article template?

See the attachment for a screen shot.

Thanks.

alethe

DDos888 said:
don't appear at vb options after import the product..any sugestions???

ya... that's true... also can't see the option....
can anyone tell us... how to configure it after upload the product???

lilfabbro

i turned on cheif post in the specific forum but i do not see anywere (edit post, new thread) no button to change the style.

anyone have this working in 3.8.3

shaun166

forum manager > go the forum you want and u all see on and off options. Any idea why my first post look so weird after i on it?

lilfabbro

its cuz by default it makes the first post an article so edit that post and go advance, and right above the text box youll see the style

note* seems like postbit style (thats the one across the top) doesnt work, could just be me tho