Check a domain registration date or age

Amaltok

Hello I was wondering if there is a nice way to find out what is the age of a specific domain.
But I want to find out a way to do this programmatically asking the DNS or something my self not from an online tool.
I am searching on the internet to find out how google is checking my domain age and other SEO tools. Is this information private for a domain where you must have special permissions to ask what a domains age is? And if yes? How come google knows my domain age? noone asked my domains age.. how come they know it?

Iamcoolhere

Google find your domain name age very easily.Every site you create and host are crawl by google.So that google hold all domain name age.They use algorithm to find age and domain backlinks etc.You don't need any private permission from domain name owner to find the Domain name age.You can just find it by doing a whois search you can find domain name expire date and creation date.Domain name age is important factor in SEO.But 14 years or 8 years is not matter.A website with 1 year with low traffic,no quality backlinks will not be indexed soon in search engines.But if domain name with good seo ,but 6 months aged having huge visitors,quality backlinks will indexed soon in google.So age is important,also links,traffic,visitors ratio more important for domain name in seo point of view.Domain name age can be calculated by domain name expiration or current date minus from domain name registration date.If a domain name expire on may-28-2013 and registered date is may-28-2012.The age is exactly 1 year.To check domain name registration and expire date you can visit the site www.whoisxy.com .

Rouse

OR can used http://whois.domaintools.com/ if you're a guest, you are allowed to perform a limited number of Whois searches :(