changing screen res

liunx

Can I make it so that when a visitor to my site clicks a button it automatically changes their screen res to 1024x768<!--content-->no, you cant change peoples resolutions.<br />
however, you can make it redirect them to different pages depending on what thier resolution is.<!--content-->The browser does not have that much control over the computer. While it's a novel idea, I doubt the average user would appreciate someone elses' site changing their settings. And, elderly computer choke on changing resolutions, it takes time, I've seen it crash computers that go too high, and remember there are computers that need to reboot when that changes. <br />
<br />
Too much risk, not enough benifit - you'll never see this as a feature through a browser. Closest you can touch a resolution is with an Executable. :(<!--content-->aye, also, some moniters (believe it or not) arent designed for resolution that high, going to high on them can damage the moniter.<!--content-->its not the monitor that cant handle it, but the graphics card in the pc. Some low end graphics cards cant handle anything above 800x600.<!--content-->

Back