Changing Oscommerce....

liunx

Hello,<br /><br />Here is my problem. I'm trying to update my site with new code but i don't want anyone to see anything when accessing my site. I renamed index.php so it's not visible and replaced it with my own index.php with the message about site being down. Now i cannot access admin page of my site...<br />Am I doing something wrong or there is a better way of working with my site in a way that is not visible online?<br /><br />Regards,<br />Robert<!--content-->
Why can't you access the admin page to your site? You should be able to enter the full url and access the page. If the full url requires the index.php file you can modify your .htaccess file so that only your IP can access your site temporarily.<br /><br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->order allow,deny<br />allow from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <br />deny from all<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><br /><br />xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your IP<br /><br />When you are done, remove those lines from your .htaccess file.<!--content-->
I think this has something to do with with changing index.php. I'll change .htaccess file and see how it goes.<br /><br />Thanks.<!--content-->
OK, this is weird...I'm looking at my files with file manager in Cpanel. When I do the search for .htaccess it shows multiple locations, but when I go there I don't see it.<!--content-->
OK, nevermind...that's hidden files.<!--content-->
Edit the .htaccess in the public_html folder that will lock your entire site from being accessed by anyone but you. You need to tell the file manager to show hidden files to be able to edit/access it.<!--content-->
I blocked everything except my IP and that works fine, but I still cannot access admin page. I'm getting " HTTP 500 internal error" messag.<br />Maybe I should delete everything under public_html and start from scratch. I have full backup of my site.<!--content-->
Did you upload a new version or something? Usually a 500 internal error means files were uploaded in binary mode when they should have been uploaded in text mode.<!--content-->
I bet I did something....I'll start from scratch. What should I delete from Public_html?<!--content-->
Are you just starting to design your site? There was no site there before? If so, you can delete everything in the public_html folder or you can open a ticket with the help desk and they can reprovision the account for you so it was back to the way it was when you first got it.<!--content-->
I used to have my Oscommerce website but since the php upgrade my website stopped functioning. I tried to do the upgrade but was not successful. Now I have a mess... I would rather delete everything, reinstall Oscommerce and restore one of my backups.<!--content-->
Wouldn't restoring your backup overwrite anything new you install?<br /><br />If you are having problems since the conversion please open a ticket with the help desk and maybe the techs can help you sort it out.<!--content-->