Changing DIV color in CSS depending on database results?

I want to change the background color of the DIV depending on some true/false values in the database I'm running. Can this be done in CSS or am I forced to use inline CSS when it comes to this?One solution I came up with is that I had created several (4-5) classes to be called but the classes all had the same CSS rules except for the color and that just made me think that it was redundant and a waste of space.I also researched and it seems that you can have PHP variables in CSS. BUT I would like to do it without making a separate .css/.php file to link in the header for several reasons. Is this possible?Maybe I can explain better with some code. Here is the concept I'm trying to get to and I want to know if I'm able to do it without an external stylesheet?:\[code\]<hml><head>div.content {background-color: <?php echo $LegendColor; ?>;border-style:solid;border-width:2px;border-color: #000;margin: 10px 0px;}</head><body><?php/* After some database connection & query*/while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result2)) {$var1 = $row["db_boolean_var1"];$var2 = $row["db_boolean_var2"];$var3 = $row["db_boolean_var3"];$var4 = $row["db_boolean_var4"];if($var1 == TRUE){ $LegendColor = "#F00"; } elseif ($var2 == TRUE){ $LegendColor = "#F0F"; } elseif($var3 == TRUE){ $LegendColor = "#999"; } elseif($var4 == TRUE){ $LegendColor = "#0F0" ; } else{ $LegendColor = "#FFF"; }echo "<div class=\"content\"></br></div>";}</body></html>\[/code\]

Back