Change template...

shumar

I found, thanks to you guys, some add-ons, but in help file is info what I need to add to template. Do I need do do this if I import XML for that add-on from same archive ?

Boss

yah u need to edit the template first or import the XML file it doesn't matter...but if the mod readme says edit the files or template u need to edit them otherwise the mod will not work properly...

shumar

Ok, thank you. But I have one more question.
I do AS IS in mod readme, BUT...
The following error occurred when attempting to evaluate this template:

The conditional on line 76 appears to be missing its end tag (</if>). The template will not function properly unless this is fixed.

This is likely caused by a malformed conditional statement. It is highly recommended that you fix this error before continuing, but you may continue as-is if you wish.

I try to install Invite hack, and I stuck on editing navbar...

Also I use // to make comments what I do, and if I need to replace I use same //
to do.
So my change look like this:

PHP:
// Invite Hack
//	<if condition="$show['registerbutton']">
<if condition="$show['registerbutton'] AND !$vboptions['invites_reg_only_by_invite']">
// Invite Hack

But I get this error when I try to save...

Daz

What mod are you trying to install? and can you post the malformed template here & we will see if we can sort it for you

Daz

Boss

u didnt close one of the </if> if statements in the template...just take a look carefully by mistake u have deleted that....

shumar

Is possible that this // doesn't work ??
Because when I delete
PHP:
// <if condition="$show['registerbutton']">
All work like charm...

Daz

this part of your nav bar should look like this after the edit

PHP:
<if condition="$show['registerbutton'] AND !$vboptions['invites_reg_only_by_invite']">
			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="register.php$session[sessionurl_q]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[register]</a></td>
		</if>