cgi-bin

windows

what exactly can i do with a cgi-bin? my webhosting provider gave me a cgi-bin and i dont know exactly what i can do with it. if someone can help me out that would be great. thank you.<!--content-->it houses perl scripts to do cgi (common gateway interface). It is a server side language, php asp asp.net jsp and cold fusion are other server side languages so that should give you an idea of what can be done with it hopefully.<!--content-->ya i kinda get it. i guess i dont know exactly what i can do though. i mean is that what you would need to have a guestbook/forms. or is that something totally different?<!--content-->Originally posted by abkilla <br />
ya i kinda get it. i guess i dont know exactly what i can do though. i mean is that what you would need to have a guestbook/forms. or is that something totally different? you can make a forum just like this with any of the technogies I listed above, and cgi is one of them. Cgi can handle your forms and be used to make a guestbook, email forms, forums, blogs, all the way to up online stores with ssl for security.<!--content-->ahh thank you i get it now. that was what i thought but i wasnt totally sure about it.<!--content-->no problem<!--content-->

Back