Centralised pages

liunx

:) Please I am having a problem that disturbs me so much.<br />
<br />
Any time I design my pages using dreamweaver 4.0 It aligns itself left. I wish my pages centralise even if it doesnt fill the whole screen but let it be centralised.<br />
<br />
PLEASE can you help me with codes to put at the top of my page in order to help centralise my pages in a browser window.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
I subscribed newly. I didnt know of this forum before but am happy to meet designers and programmers like me.<br />
<br />
Gertrude<!--content-->do you have any kind of link to your website? can you not just put a <center> or <p align> tag around your entire document?<!--content--><center> & align are deprecated morrow!<br />
<br />
place all your content inside a table cell with the table set to 100% for height and width (use css)<br />
give this style to the td<br />
<td style="text-align:center;"><br />
<br />
or place it all in a div set to 100% with the same style as the td above<br />
<br />
<br />
try and throw your css into an external stylesheet, i put it locally for ease of explanation :)<!--content-->haha leo i've noticed that you go through just about every message to point out deprecation and validative syntax errors. thx for cleaning up after us :) i'm sure those who don't know what the difference is will appreciate your work in the future (*cough* internet explorer 8 no longer has <bgcolor> or <center>*cough*) lol<!--content-->yeah my fine-tooth-comb is wearing thin now lol<br />
<br />
i'm sure some do say 'well what difference does that make, you've used the same words just in a different place' :D<!--content-->It's a good thing that he cares about valid HTML.<!--content-->

Back