Centering page in window

liunx

I am designing a new website and using Homestead Site Builder LPX. I am not very fluent with HTML... I know enough to do the normal tasks and just enough more to get into trouble sometimes. I know nothing about Javascript or any others. My problem I am having involves centering the web pages in the browser window. My old site I created with Yahoo Site Builder allowed me an option to center the entire page in the window and I like that look.<br />
<br />
I want to do that with my new site, but of course it is using the default left justify. That is fine, but not what I want it to do. I want all the pages to automatically center in a window no matter what size it is. Isn't this possible to do? If so, I would love some help on how to accomplish it. I really do appreciate any opinions or advice. Thanks in advance!! :D<!--content-->Hi, there! Welcome to the zoo!<br />
<br />
Hmmm... I'm not sure how the Sitebuilders work, but if you can set the page margins to "0", do that and then set your tags to look similar to this:<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<head><br />
<title>Page Title</title><br />
</head><br />
<body><br />
<div align="center"> <br />
The content of your page.<br />
</div> <br />
</body><br />
</html><br />
<br />
That should center the page. The other option would be to include a CSS bit in the head. It would read, I think, as:<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"<br />
body { margin: 0; text-align: center; }<br />
</style><br />
<br />
The <div> tag alignment is still valid, sort of, depending on what doctype you're using, but it's on it's way out the door in html. Oh, and you might have to add a second line to the style<br />
<br />
p { text-align: left; } <br />
<br />
That should put the paragraphs as left aligned, rather than centered.<br />
<br />
Does that help?<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->Thank you very much!!! I posted that same question to a few other boards only to get bashed for using Homestead and a site builder in the first place. I didn't really need that since I am not a computer whiz, but I do enjoy designing my own website. This seems to be the only way for me to do it without getting myself in over my head! LOL!<br />
<br />
I will try your suggestions and see what works. I believe I have tried the CSS bit and it didn't work given the configuration of the sitebuilder itself. I can add in HTML to the <head> portion of the site, but I can't exactly say where it gets placed. Does that make sense? I will try and mess with it a bit and see what happens. Maybe if I am really into having the pages centered, I may have to really get into learning to do more of the work myself rather than to use a sitebuilder program. Thanks again for the help... it is much appreciated!<!--content-->

Back