Centering cells

liunx

you know how you can center a layout table in the middle hotazontaly (across) on the page like you center text in word ...is there anyway you can center a layout table vertically down the pageso its always centered down the page no matter the window size?<br />
<br />
if anyone can help it would be greatly apciated..<br />
<br />
Thanks!!<!--content-->You know how you use align="center" for horizontal align? Just put valign="center" for vertical align<br />
<br />
i.e.<br />
<table align="center" valign="center" height="100%" width="100%"><br />
<br />
</table><!--content-->I have been working on something simular myself--(see signature)<br />
I beleive that it can be done by nesting tables if I understand it right.<br />
<br />
Someone will straighten us both out here soon if not. :D<!--content-->there is no valign="center" it is valign="middle"<br />
<br />
and you could do this if you want to nest.<br />
<br />
<table width="100%" height="100%"><br />
<tr><br />
<td align="center" valign="middle" width="100%" heigth="100%"><br />
<table width="50%"><br />
<tr><br />
<td>The centered Table. Stuff here is centered both horizontally and vertically to the viewers resolution</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><!--content-->Thanks Scoutt for posting the correct code for this.<br />
<br />
I'm still amazed at how many people cannot code tables correctly.<!--content-->Tables mean EVERYTHING (almost) to a good webpage.<!--content-->Yea, align and valign aren't valid tags for tables anyways... Either is background :mad:<!--content-->

Back