Cellpadding

Is it possible to add celppadding to individual cells or does it have to be defined for a table only?<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->It heeds to be applied to the whole table. However you can place a nested table within a single cell, and pad that table.<br />
<br />
<table cellpadding=0><br />
<tr><br />
<td><br />
First Cell<br />
</td><br />
<td><br />
<table cellpadding=3><br />
<tr><br />
<td><br />
Now this cell has padding!<br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><!--content-->How does this work with Netscape 4?<br />
<br />
Otherwise, if i have a block of text within a cell, what's the best way to shift it all right by 10 pixels other than using &nbsp;?<br />
Thanks<!--content-->If you use:<br />
<br />
<TD><SPAN STYLE="margin-left: 10pt">text</SPAN></TD><br />
<br />
you'll add a margin to only the selected text.<br />
This also works in Netscape 4.<br />
<br />
-aslefo<!--content-->Originally posted by celticking <br />
How does this work with Netscape 4?<br />
<br />
Otherwise, if i have a block of text within a cell, what's the best way to shift it all right by 10 pixels other than using &nbsp;?<br />
Thanks <br />
<br />
Yep, it'll work in Netscape 4. But it will also pad the top, right, and bottom, so I'm not so sure that you'd want that if you're just trying to shift the text right. You might try just adding a "gutter" column, which is basically just an empty column to space the text over. make sure if you do use a gutter column, that you declare the size of all tables and cells that you use, otherwise it might smoosh up in some browsers. <br />
<br />
What aslefo suggested also works if you want to go the route of CSS.<!--content-->I like the idea of using the CSS but i have some cells that can't be adjusted, the contents need to stay where they are presently.<br />
<br />
Thanks for the help though guys.<!--content-->

Back