Cell overflow problem

liunx

This particular often has a lot of text in it, and though I have the div tag set (div style="overflow:auto;"), it always stretches my whole table. After banging my head on the keyboard for a few moments, I thought maybe someone here could help. Anything sugguestions and/or things I should know?<!--content-->which direction does it stretch in? it should stretch downward if you have a width set only, and the the right if you have the height set only; it'll stretch downward if both are set and the text overflows (unless otherwise specified). the overflow:auto will put a scrollbar in there in case the text gets too hefty.<br />
<br />
have you set the width/height?<br />
<br />
is there a URL, or some source code that we could see for purposes of clarity? thanks.<!--content-->It stretches downward, but I've set the height and width in the table tags and the td tags. The cell in question looks like this(without the actual text, and the font tag):<br />
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" width="386" height="400"><div style="overflow:auto;">BLAH</div></td><br />
Someone had mentioned something about changing the scrollbar (which I've done, but only the colors, I'm new at this). Help, lol.<!--content-->hmm... try this:<br />
<br />
<td style="overflow:auto;width:386px;height:400px;background:#fff;"></td><!--content-->table cells can't do overflow.<br />
<br />
set a height in the div.<!--content-->I set a height in the div tag, it works now! Thanks, guys, you've saved my keyboard and my forehead!<!--content-->

Back