ccs and netscape

liunx

I am curious as to why netscape 7 does not register the colors i have entered in my styles file. <br />
This is what i have in my ccs file:<br />
<br />
p {font: normal 8pt/10pt "Verdana","Arial"}<br />
P.heading_white{font: normal 18pt "Verdana", "Arial"; color:"#FFFFFF"}<br />
<br />
however when i call <P class='heading_white'> all parameters are correct except for the color. It still remains black. <br />
This also happens with the links i have set. <br />
All works well in IE 5, but not in NN7. <br />
I would appreciate any comments.<!--content-->Originally posted by Count_Rugen <br />
I am curious as to why netscape 7 does not register the colors i have entered in my styles file. <br />
<br />
<br />
It's becuse your code is wrong.<br />
<br />
color:"#FFFFFF" <br />
should be<br />
color:#FFFFFF<br />
or<br />
color:#FFF<br />
<br />
BTW, you should always end your list of fonts with a general family type.<br />
In case of Arial you probably want to use "sans-serif"<br />
<br />
Also, NEVER use pt on a webpage intended for the monitor.<br />
Points are only meaningfull eg printed on paper. The size of a point varies quite much from system to system, especially cross OS. Use px or % instead.<!--content-->perhaps you could help me with one more thing...<br />
The text size set in <STYLE> does not have any influence in IE 5 on the mac. Consequently, the text in IE5 on the mac is much larger than NN7 on the mac, or IE5 or NN7 on the PC. <br />
Can you help me with this?<!--content-->Originally posted by Count_Rugen <br />
The text size set in <STYLE> does not have any influence in IE 5 on the mac.
<br />
<br />
An URL to the site perhaps?<!--content-->sorry, the site isnt hosted yet.<!--content-->Maybe you can post your code. Without us looking at it, how do you exactly want us to help you? :confused:<!--content-->

Back