Category list not working on category page - Magento

javirus

Firstly I am new to Magento, so please explain in detail if you can help.I have used the following code:\[code\] <div class="left-nav-inner"> <h3 id="products">Products</h3> <h4>Shop by:</h4> <ul id="product-menu"><?php/* Get the categories that are active for the store */$_main_categories=$this->getStoreCategories();/* Get the current category the user is in */$_current_category=$this->getCurrentCategory();/* Get the current category path */$_categorypath = $this->getCurrentCategoryPath();?><?phpif ($_main_categories): /* This bit cycles through the categories - setting the next one to current */ foreach ($_main_categories as $_main_category): if($_main_category->getIsActive()): $cur_category=Mage::getModel('catalog/category')->load($_main_category->getId()); $layer = Mage::getSingleton('catalog/layer'); $layer->setCurrentCategory($cur_category); /* Write the main categories */ ?> <li><a href="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3742322/<?php echo $this->getCurrentCategory()->getUrl()?>"><?php echo $this->getCurrentCategory()->getName();?></a></li> <?php /* Check the category variable loop against the current category path if it is - print sub categories */if (in_array($this->getCurrentCategory()->getId(), $_categorypath)): ?><?php $_maincategorylisting=$this->getCurrentCategory()?> <?php $_categories=$this->getCurrentChildCategories()?><?php if($_categories->count()):?><?php /* This resets the category back to the original pages category**** If this is not done, subsequent calls on the same page will use the last category**** in the foreach loop*/ ?><?php $layer->setCurrentCategory($_current_category); ?> <?php endif; ?> <?php endif; ?> <?php endif;endforeach; else:?><p>$_main_categories array was empty.</p><p>This might be because you are referencing this phtml file with a wrong type attribute. You should use <block type="catalog/navigation" ... /> !</p><?php endif; ?></div>\[/code\]This displays listings on my left menu as required however when I click the category urls the category page will not show the products..I can get the products to show if I remove the left column within:app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/catalog.xmlI did this with the following code:Category default layout\[code\]<catalog_category_default translate="label"> <label>Catalog Category (Non-Anchor)</label> <remove name="left" />\[/code\]As you can see I added the 'remove name=left'.I need to have the left menu with the categories displaying on every page of the website and I need the products to show up when I click on the categories...Please help.

Back