Case Sensative?

liunx

Ok heres the problem I have on netfirms.In the side bar it links to Games.shtml but he file name is games.shtml is it case senative for all servers or just netfirm?<!--content-->Why does it matter?<!--content-->Originally posted by agent002 <br />
Why does it matter? <br />
<br />
Because if it is case sensitive, then Games.shtml won't be the same thing as games.shtml and therefore it won't find the file. I'm not sure which servers are case sensitive and which aren't but as a general rule I always use all lowercase for my filenames. That way I don't get a problem.<!--content-->I meant that, if the file's name is games.shtml, why do you want to link to Games.shtml at all?<!--content-->Originally posted by agent002 <br />
I meant that, if the file's name is games.shtml, why do you want to link to Games.shtml at all? <br />
<br />
True, it just means that you have to be careful about getting the case right so you have to link to whatever the filename actually is, i.e. if there is a capital G, then use a capital G.<!--content-->on most, if not all, servers, yes, filenames are case sensitive.<!--content-->

Back