Can't resize columns in table drop-down menu

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi<br />
<br />
I'm using a table to create a menu (code from W3C). I appreciate that tables should not be used and that this code will only work in IE, however it's only for internal use!<br />
<br />
My problem is that I would like to be able to resize the width of each of the table columns and have tried all sorts but it seems to resize one part and not the other!<br />
<br />
I'd be very grateful to anyone that would have a look and help! I've uploaded the file as txt and the code referring to the menu from the stylesheet is:<br />
<br />
a.menu {color:#339933;<br />
}<br />
<br />
a.menu:hover<br />
{color:#195F28;<br />
text-transform:uppercase;<br />
text-decoration:none;<br />
}<br />
<br />
table.menu<br />
{font-size:100%;<br />
font:bold;<br />
position:absolute;<br />
background: black;}<br />
<br />
td.menu<br />
{background:#FEFACC;/*cream menu background*/<br />
font:bold;}<br />
<br />
Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to have a look and help....hope I've made sense!<!--content-->Sorry, I'm totally out of time today - here is a start: first two menu items have been given a style for assigned an ID (#training and #clients - just as you indicate in your code) and their <td>s have been given a width: it's for starters. I just wanted to show you one of the possible ways.<br />
You probably couldn't do much because you were calling for an ID without a style assigned to it.<br />
<br />
So you can see the pattern and try to layout the rest of them with css style.<br />
<br />
The rest of the file is pretty much the same, with couple of tags moved here and there for better formatting. If you need further help, let me know, I'll look into it a little later.<br />
<br />
Gotta run!<!--content-->Thanks for the reply.....back to work on Monday, I'll check it out then!!!<!--content-->Brilliant, brilliant......can't thank you enough! It's amazing how you can stare at something till your eyes are watering and all rational goes out the window. Then someone points you in the right direction and hey, ho, off and running once again!<br />
<br />
Thanks again!<!--content-->You are more then welcome :)<!--content-->

Back