can't get a proper preload

liunx

Does anyone no why these images aren't preloading?<br />
<br />
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freewebs.com/kentuckyweightlifting">www.freewebs.com/kentuckyweightlifting</a><!-- w --><!--content-->Watching the headers it looks like you've got some requests coming back not found.<!--content-->sorry for the bad specificity and grammer. I think I finally figured out how to do the preload thing, but since the top images are so big they actually make the page take longer to load. For now, I have just left the background hover properties for the nav list preloaded (although it hasn't helped too much). Any suggestions? It's just taking so long for my page to load. Freewebs perhaps?<!--content-->Well the server's running mod_throttle so Freewebs may very well be the cause. It's extremely slow for such a small page.<!--content-->Given the resolution of the image at the top, 60k seems a bit big. I would try to optimise the size of your images to make the a small as possible (in kilobytes that is).<!--content-->Originally posted by zingmatter <br />
Given the resolution of the image at the top, 60k seems a bit big. I would try to optimise the size of your images to make the a small as possible (in kilobytes that is). <br />
I agree. Image Ready can do this quite nicely too. I've gotten 60 K + images down to 2 or 3 k with no truley noticable loss of quality :) just my 2 cents.<!--content-->It's not simply the image size. 60K is nothing compared to the time the page is taking to load (and I'm on cable).<!--content-->I agree (DSL here), but there is nothing he can do if he wants to stay on that server other than to cut back on image sizes. This would also do him a lot of good if he has a cap on bandwidth usage :)<!--content-->Thanks guys. I'm going to try to downsize the image. I would like to eventually run off an apache server whenever I get time to figure it out. Or maybe I should just find a good server to pay for. It's just that I am voluntarily building the page for the team I'm on. Volunteering time is one thing, plus its been kind of fun. Volunteering cash is another :)<!--content-->

Back