Can't email from my google smtp from CodeIgniter

Snipervzln

I'm running through a tutorial that teaches you the email library in CodeIgniter. I'm using my google credentials to send via smtp but for some reason it is not accepting them. I have tried two different accounts that I am positive I have the correct passwords on and can even log into. However when I try to send a test email from my controller it tells me invalid credentials:\[code\]220 mx.google.com ESMTP w6sm15405472anb.3 hello: 250-mx.google.com at your service, [x.x.x.x]250-SIZE 35651584250-8BITMIME250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN XOAUTH250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODESFailed to authenticate password. Error: 535-5.7.1 Username and Password not accepted\[/code\]I have the correct password, I am certain of it. I can log into the account no problem. Here is my php code:\[code\]function index() { $config = Array( 'protocol' => 'smtp', 'smtp_host' => 'ssl://smtp.googlemail.com', 'smtp_port' => 465, 'smtp_user' => '[email protected]', 'smpt_pass' => 'mypassword' ); $this->load->library('email', $config); $this->email->set_newline("\r\n"); $this->email->from('[email protected]', 'me'); $this->email->to('[email protected]'); $this->email->subject('Emailing from PHP Codeigniter!'); $this->email->message('Success!'); if($this->email->send()) { echo 'Your email was sent'; } else { show_error($this->email->print_debugger()); } }\[/code\]What am I missing? Thank you!

Back