Cannot create COM object

nismorules

I'm debugging an application written in classic ASP. I'm using IIS Express 7.5 to be able to debug the application. All is fine, until I reach the following line:\[code\]set somevariable =Server.CreateObject("somelibrary.somemember")\[/code\]"Unknown exception" is raised.ContextI have administrative rights.The OS is Windows XP SP3.The "somelibrary" assembly was correctly registered with regasm and included in the GAC with gacutil.I'm be able to execute the assembly from PowerShell:\[code\]$instance =New-Object -ComObject "somelibrary.somemember")\[/code\]I have the following configuration in IIS Express for ASP:\[code\] <asp enableParentPaths="true" bufferingOn="true" errorsToNTLog="true" appAllowDebugging="true" appAllowClientDebug="true" scriptErrorSentToBrowser="true"> <session allowSessionState="true" /> <cache diskTemplateCacheDirectory="%TEMP%\iisexpress\ASP Compiled Templates" /> <limits /> </asp>\[/code\]The site has windows and anonymous authentication enabled (disabling windows authentication gets the same)What could be the cause of the problem?

Back