Cannot call set or create from with in a Model class in CakePHP?

dadzi

I'm working in a CakePHP Model class, writing a function that is supposed to perform a whole bunch of manipulations on the model. I'm trying to follow the skinny controller, fat model idea. However, I don't seem to be able to call any of the model's functions from with in my model. Something hasn't been initialized yet, because I get an SQL error when I do:\[code\]Warning (512): SQL Error: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 [CORE/cake/libs/model/datasources/dbo_source.php, line 681]Query: SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM \[/code\]It looks as if the table name hasn't been set internally somewhere. My model looks like this:\[code\]class Search extends AppModel { var $name='Search'; var $hasMany = 'SearchResult'; var $actsAs = array('Containable'); function search($query) { $this->create(); $this->set('query', $query); $this->save(); }}\[/code\]I know everything the Model needs has already been created works find, because calling that exact same sequence of functions works fine from the Model controller. Like so:\[code\]function search($query) { $this->Search->create(); $this->Search->set('query', $query); $this->Search->save();}\[/code\]That works fine. So what gives? What's going on here?

Back