can someone help me

I was wondering how i can indent the text in the "spotlight" section of my homepage. it is the area in the bottom right corner of the page. the text is too close to the sides. the address is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.neonlounge.com/main.htm">http://www.neonlounge.com/main.htm</a><!-- m -->. />
<br />
thank you very much,<br />
greg<!--content-->Great Net popup had me leaving before looking over you source...sorry...1 suggestion, I believe splash pages will hurt you in the search engine department. Good Luck, someone will get you your answer. Popups - IM gone.<!--content-->Try adjusting the value of your CELLPADDING of the table containing your info. Right now it is at "0".<!--content-->I can see what you're talking about. In the bottom right corner of the page, the words seem squished up against the left side of the panel, with only a pixel between the letters and the blackness.<br />
<br />
Since it's a seperate table (table-in-table), your solution could be as simple as changing one number in the table's attributes. Right now you have<br />
<table width="186" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border=0><br />
<br />
Pick either cellpadding, or cellspacing, and change it 1, or 2. But you might not like it. It will increase the padding on all four sides, not just the one (most obvious) side. Atleast try it, see if you can live with it.<br />
<br />
If not, there are fancier codes you can add to tables, to cells, to make just one side padded to certain width, independant of others. I'm trying to avoid this, since I've only seen it work in IE. Forget what they're called ... :( Sure someone does! (Please don't feel like the hotpotatoe being tossed around ;))<!--content-->Originally posted by rbf <br />
I was wondering how i can indent the text in the "spotlight" section of my homepage. it is the area in the bottom right corner of the page. the text is too close to the sides. the address is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.neonlounge.com/main.htm">http://www.neonlounge.com/main.htm</a><!-- m -->. />
<br />
thank you very much,<br />
greg <br />
<br />
RB, I couldn't access the page at all. There are a couple of ways to indent text. Adjusting the padding/spacing of the cell is one way.<br />
<br />
Adding a non-breaking space, or several of them, before/after the text to be moved over, would work. The HTML for that is &nbsp; Just put a line of them where you want the space.<br />
<br />
You could also add a small transparent gif, sizing it to fit the space you want left blank. <br />
<br />
*g* I generally use all three, depending on how exact I want the spacing. <br />
Peg<!--content-->Originally posted by Pegasus RB, I couldn't access the page at all.<br />
There is a "." entered at the end into the URL link in the first post. Take that off and you should see the page fine. Just be warned you may see a bunch of popups upon exiting the page...<!--content-->There is a "." entered at the end into the URL link in the first post. Take that off and you should see the page fine. <br />
<br />
Oh. The same thing I do? And here I thought... *g* <br />
<br />
Never mind. Thanks, htmlite. <br />
<br />
Looks like Greg had a chance to take a run at it. *g* Not a pop-up or popover in sight. (sigh, and I was so looking forward to a special breakfast....)<br />
<br />
I didn't see any problems in the "Spotlight" section. Of course, it may have been fixed by now, but I did notice a problem with the "Party" picture.<br />
<br />
I couldn't see what was causing it, but the image itself isn't centered where I think you want it to be, and the text is basically one word per line all the way down. <br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->At the top where i have the drink mix, the text under the ingredients is messed up. right now i have a &nbsp to indent the text, but it is still off-line. If i remove the &nbsp, then the text is too close to the edges. even when i adjust the cellpadding. Before to fix it under my spot light section, i had to adjust the table size and then adjust the cell padding, but i cant seem to get it to work in the drink section. Maybe a nested table? any suggestions to how i can fix this. Also, about the weekly pic and below it? its shows up fine on my computer. any suggestions. thanks alot. greg<!--content-->my daily pic being out of line and the links below it all out of line, please tell me how to fix it.<br />
<br />
thanks again,<br />
greg<!--content-->Don't quote me on it, Greg, but double check your rows and columns for that table. I'm reading the first row as spanning 5 columns, but the row below that only has 4 columns, and no spans. That might have something to do with it.<br />
<br />
If I'm reading it right, that is. *g*<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->

Back