can I use templates here?

liunx

Well I was wondering about designing sites professionally for others. I would design sites for people with specific wants by hand coding it, but for the not too 'choosy' people, I was wondering if it was ok to use pre made templates from other sites. Yep thats all I need to know.<br />
<br />
Oh also, does anyone know how much you'd usually charge for that sort of service?<!--content-->Originally posted by jollyfactory <br />
Well I was wondering about designing sites professionally for others. I would design sites for people with specific wants by hand coding it, but for the not too 'choosy' people, I was wondering if it was ok to use pre made templates from other sites. Yep thats all I need to know.<br />
<br />
Oh also, does anyone know how much you'd usually charge for that sort of service? <br />
<br />
I see no problem using templates from other sites, especially if you will be customizing them for your customers. <br />
<br />
There is no standard pricing for setting up websites. Charge what you are willing to work for. Check what other independent web designers are charging. <br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Kevin<!--content-->you may have to ask permission of the author of that particular template. If you are charging people, the author may or may not accept, since he/she will want credit too.<!--content-->Originally posted by Mark <br />
you may have to ask permission of the author of that particular template. If you are charging people, the author may or may not accept, since he/she will want credit too. <br />
<br />
Yeah, people will usually let you use their templates for personal use, but they aren't always so willing when it's for a commercial purpose.<!--content-->yes well thanks for your advice and help :) at least now I can keep my nose clean<!--content-->

Back