Can I have diagonal frames?

liunx

One of my friends says he saw a page with diagonal frames, and I was wondering if anybody knows how to make diagonal frames (if it's possible).<br />
Christop.<!--content-->no - dont be silly!<!--content-->Hi,<br />
<br />
(btw: i like being silly :) keeps me young)<br />
<br />
Let's look at the problem logically:<br />
<br />
Since frames are defined by rows and cols (which when combined with (0,0) translates to the lower right corner), they define a rectangle.<br />
Now, we can define a triangle within that rectangle by giving it 3 points on at least 2 of the sides of the perimeter -- eg: (0,0), (0,x), (x,y) where x and y are the rows and col numbers. Now, to get the actual triangle to appear, it would be necessary to do one of 2 things:<br />
1) define a bunch of nested frames that essentially just take up room -- think of Xeno's paradox of never reaching a wall because every number has a half; or, more practically --<br />
create a gif that looks like a triangle and takes up the appropriate space and use it as a background -- for an example of what I mean, see <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.htmlgoodies.com">www.htmlgoodies.com</a><!-- w --><br />
<br />
now the first part may have been silly, but it eventually does lead to a serious possibility :D<br />
<br />
Vinny<!--content-->you could probably do it somehow with dhtml and/or css.<!--content-->One of my friends said he saw a poddle driving a Cadillac. He was drunk, my friend, not the poddle.<!--content-->flash maybe your only way. if it was possible I would like to see that page too. it's like making a circle out of a square, not possible with straight lines.<!--content-->

Back