Can I create an Html Signature w/ Outlook Express

liunx

I'm really new to html. Would like to know if I can create an html signature in outlook express. i've seen where you go into tools - options - send - and select html. when i type my address in the signature window in html code is doesn't work in the email. it displays the code and not the link.<br />
Can anyone help?:confused:<!--content-->Have you set this up via the signature setting or are you writing this into the email message box?<!--content-->i'm trying to set this up int he signature setting, but still not having any luck.<!--content-->I've not tried it but I'm assuming this should be done as an html file and then attached.<br />
<br />
Under Options > Signatures at the bottom is an option for 'File' - have you tried this?<!--content-->Don't have it in front of me, but if I remember correctly there are two options - either typed text or a file. You are trying to type html into the text area. So it is doing exactly what you asked it to do - showing the text you typed. Try using the file option.<!--content-->Problem 1<br />
What is your version of Outlook<br />
<br />
For Outlook ver 6 <br />
<br />
<br />
a> create a html page with signature<br />
b> open outlook <br />
c> select tools, option<br />
d> select signatures and add (new)<br />
e> below select the tab FILE<br />
<br />
<br />
And browse for your html Signature and select <br />
<br />
Oh! another hint is to add to all outgoing messages<br />
<br />
<br />
:confused:<!--content-->thanks for everyone's help but nothing seems to be working. I've tried adding it in the file section on the signature option page but to no avail. I am running Outlook Express ver. 6. I've also tried creating an html document but when i add it as my signature nothing show up on the email.<br />
Anymore ideas?:confused:<!--content-->Post your sig file and I'll try it out.<!--content-->Oh forgot to mention that depending on the users mail services that allowed HTML will depend on the service. <br />
<br />
The HTML is allowed on my server so there is no problem using this. <br />
<br />
But most will render the HTML data even in a file to text. <br />
I have ask this question on many BBS and Forums still no answer. <br />
<br />
The best is to have administation access to the mial server and change the the setting to allow the user to send the mail as HTML format. <br />
<br />
As for Outlook Express this is not possible. The only way is to send the selected file as an attachment. <br />
<br />
Sorry about that.:rolleyes:<!--content-->

Back