Calling a subclass method from superclass

uA43

I am in a introductory java course and we just started learning about inheritance. I am working on an task that asks the we create a "Pet" superclass with a name and age, and three subclasses, each with their own unique trait, I have chosen "Dog", "Cat", and "Bird". After we have all these built, we are to create a Main class to test everything, and this is where I am running into problems. I am attempting to call the \[code\]get\[/code\] methods for these unique traits within \[code\]Main\[/code\], but it seems to only find methods that are in the superclass.Here is the Main class:\[code\]public class Kennel { public static void main(String[] args) { // Create the pet objects Pet cat = new Cat("Feline",12,"Orange"); Pet dog = new Dog("Spot",14, "Dalmation"); Pet bird = new Bird("Feathers",56,12); // Print out the status of the animals System.out.println("I have a cat named "+cat.getName() +". He is "+cat.getAge()+" years old." +" He is "+cat.getColor() +"When he speaks he says"+" "+cat.speak()); System.out.println("I also have a dog named "+dog.getName() +". He is "+dog.getAge()+" years old." +" He is a "+dog.getBreed() +" When he speaks he says"+" "+dog.speak()); System.out.println("And Finally I have a bird named "+bird.getName() +". He is "+bird.getAge()+" years old." +" He has a wingspan of "+bird.getWingspan()+" inches" +" When he speaks he says"+" "+bird.speak()); }}\[/code\]Here is my superclass \[code\]abstract public class Pet { private String name; private int age; // Constructor public Pet(String petName, int petAge) { this.name = petName; this.age = petAge; } // Getters public String getName() {return(this.name);} public int getAge() {return(this.age);} // Setters public void setName(String nameSet) {this.name = nameSet;} public void setAge(int ageSet) {this.age = ageSet;} // Other Methods abstract public String speak(); // toString @Override public String toString() { String answer = "Name: "+this.name+" Age: "+this.age; return answer; }}\[/code\]And here is one of the subclasses (they all look the same and are having the same error)\[code\]public class Cat extends Pet { private String color; // Constructor public Cat(String petName, int petAge, String petColor) { super(petName, petAge); this.color = petColor; } // Getters public String getColor() {return(this.color);} // Setters public void setColor(String colorSet) {this.color = colorSet;} // Other Methods @Override public String speak() {return "Meow!";} // toString @Override public String toString() { String answer = "Name: "+super.getName()+" Age: "+super.getAge() +" Color: "+this.color; return answer; }}\[/code\]So what is happening is I can't get the main method to find the \[code\]cat.getColor()\[/code\] method, or any of the other ones unique to the subclasses.