C# Design for XML based Tibco EMS messages

elizabethzrice

Soon I will be working on a project that involves reading xml data from Tibco EMS. I m looking what is the best way to design the application for this scenario.
  • Provider publishes the xml message to Tibco EMS.
  • Messages can be big.
  • Messages can be of different versions, so have to make sure the first version is loaded first especially we will be useful multi-threading.
  • Read the message in xml and write to database tables. (This is more important as we want design should allow for any new changes to xml i.e. elements/attributes and where they go in database table) - should work with minimal change or no change at all. I mean if some kind of configuration.
  • Data validation before storing in database.
Design achievements
  • In the future there maybe more than 1 provider and they may send xml of different schema, so application should cope with the change. Application should be scalable, high performance, loose-coupling.
I am planning to write the application that can be extensible to IBM MQ and any other messaging system. So planning to use Adapter pattern using the interface that implements different messaging system. And also facade pattern to connection abstraction and all. Factory pattern for starting the different instances based on the different messaging system Still learning design patterns not yet expert. Please help me with design considering if you have previous experience on working with XML data in a high performance system.

Back