By-pass "Run from current location/save to disk"

liunx

First off let me say I'm not trying to do anything illegal.<br />
<br />
On our intranet site we have a secure area for the MIS dept. I've created a sub-site that has the network location and install instructions of every piece of software that we have.<br />
<br />
I know how to set a link to a .exe without a problem but I want to by-pass the "Run from current location/save to disk" so that we can jump strait into the install. Any suggestions?<!--content-->you can't do this with a web application (Unless its running some server side like VB or Java).<br />
<br />
Period. Can't. Security hazard. If YOU could do it, then I could do it and run executibles from my web pages at will on every surfers computer. I mean, when I load executibles from windows web site, I still have to go through save to disk/ run from location.<!--content-->Thought so, just wanted to check.<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->only the user has the choice of turning it off. if they open it from location then uncheck the always show this box then they will always run from location on everything, unless you go back in and turn it on.<!--content-->

Back