buttons in html code not viewable in Netscape

liunx

Hello forum,<br />
My website has a button to be clicked but that button does not show up in Netscape 4.5. However, the button shows up in IE. The code looks like this:<br />
<br />
<input type="button" name="cmdRegister" nclick="document.location = 'BibleStudySignUp.asp?id=<%=cID%>&biblestudyid=<%=RS("BIBLESTUDYID")%>';" value="Register"><br />
<br />
Why doesn't Netscape show the button so a user can click that button to register (just as it does in IE)? Check this link in both browsers and you'll see what I mean:<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.e-maxxchicago.com/UWISR/BibleStudyDetail.asp?id=4">http://www.e-maxxchicago.com/UWISR/Bibl ... l.asp?id=4</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
Thanks very much. Peace and love, Ev<!--content-->Just for your info, the Register button shows up and works fine in Netscape 6 which is the only version I have.<br />
<br />
I will try to convert your code to something a 3.0 browser can use, I will let you know<br />
<br />
<br />
seeya<!--content-->The question should be: Why does IE render form elements which are not enclosed in the <form> </form> tags?<br />
<br />
The fault here was not Netscape. You simply didn't enclose the form element in form tags.<!--content-->Hello Web Guru, does the <form> statement have to precede the <input> statement? So should a <form> statement precede the following statement in the file 'BibleStudyDetail.asp'? The statement could be as follows:<br />
<br />
<form name="MainForm" method="POST" action="BibleStudySignUp.asp" onSubmit="return CheckFields()"><br />
<br />
<input type="button" name="cmdRegister" onclick="document.location = 'BibleStudySignUp.asp?id=<%=cID%>&biblestudyid=<%=RS("BIBLESTUDYID")%>';" value="Register"><br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks Guru. Also thanks to Chuck for checking it out. Let me know what you discover with lower versions of Netscape Chuck. I gone back to study for an exam....Peace, Ev<!--content-->well, this is a base level web dev question. Almost everything on a html page has an opening and closing tag. <br />
<br />
Examples: <br />
<table></table><form></form><h1></h1><br />
<br />
now, some of these have elements that go along INSIDE the tags.....<br />
<br />
<table><br />
<tr><br />
<td>some content</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
<br />
in that example the TABLE has its own particular elements inside it. Notice how they all have an opening and closing tag. <br />
<br />
Same with a form. The form has its own elements which MUST be contained within the <form> </form> tags. <br />
<br />
<form><br />
<input type=text name=mmm value="foo"><br />
<input type=radio name=nnn value="foo1"><br />
<textarea name=t>content for the textarea</textarea><br />
</form><br />
<br />
notice that in the FORM above, text and radio buttons do not have closing tags, and contain a value="". while the textarea has a content and a closing tag. <br />
<br />
Nevertheless, all form elements need to be contained in the form tags. This same priciple rules the web, and getting a jump on it now will only help ya. <br />
<br />
Good luck!<!--content-->Thanks Web Guru! I'm at your mercy for chastisement. I'll indicate the results in a couple days. Peace bro, Ev<!--content-->

Back