Business is very slow and I need to advertise my painting company more does this sound good?

paintingdrywall

We used to run ads in the local weekly paper. $75 a week for a business card sized ad in the "Services Directory". The number in the ad was for a specific Tracfone pre-paid cell phone, not our regular phone.<br />
We just finished a 13 week contract for $975. It lead to one lousy $300 job! We can't throw money away like that anymore.<br />
Basically for 2008 I plan to spend $1,000 per quarter on advertising. Between 2003 and 2006 I don't think I spent $100 per year, didn't need to. Last year I spent about $500 and I probably should have gone for more.<br />
I just ordered embroidered windbreakers for myself, my family and my employees. That's 15 windbreakers at $28 each for a small logo one the front, about the size of a business card.<br />
They look like this<br />
http//www.sanmar.com/sanmar-servlets/CatalogBrowser?id=552&parentId=117&catid=117<br />
I've got another $600 to spend and I plan on getting some sweat shirts and polo shirts this quarter. I tell people to where them everywhere and carry business cards.<br />
What do you think of this plan? Thanks.<br />

shiprepairwoman

It may not be a wise investment in advertising but it will make you look more professional so I think it was good.
I would get magnetic signs for vehicle doors they are pretty cheap and people can see them from a distance.

edithb

Sounds Great. What about pencils and inkpens with your company info? If you buy in bulk you get a good price. Check out the website below. I notice when I go into a service station, I often see flyers for services that people offer. This is something that you can do yourself on the computer. These are a few examples that will allow you to reach more people at a very low price. I wish you the best of luck)

von_meat_helmet

Having worked in the painting service industry as a Marketing Rep, and now having worked in advertising for the last couple of years, I recommend the following plan I have created for you. It is below

First off, I would hold off on the customized promo items for a while and try some new things. Also, keep in mind the way people act while they are wearing those windbreakers should reflect your company's professionalism at all times.

Your spending is good, $1000 a quarter is enough for the size of your business (I am making an education guess here).

1) Contract with local paint stores. Offer the store a commission for every job they send your way. This will allow you to put signage in the store advertising your painting services. It will also allow store employees the chance to directly market for you. Paint stores are good because people tend to do minor paint jobs before big ones (I did primary research on this for the painting company).

The only immediate cost for this phase is the production of in-store signage. Inside tip Home Depot has a "at your service" program that hooks up their customers up with local contractors. In every market there is a local painting contractor for Home Depot. Y ou could apply for it if there is not a painting company working with Home Depot in your area. Keep in mind that working with Home Depot will undermine you relationships with local paint stores.

2) Contract with a Real-estate agent A large segment of new home buyers paint their new (or new-to-them) homes within two years of purchasing them. Offer the agent a commission for sending you work. This would be a good time to insert a flyer into the new home packet most agents give out after a purchase.

3) Become involved in local Home & Garden Expos. I am not sure what state you are in, but I can guarantee they will be an expo in your area. Set up a booth with photos of your work. Also, normally at these expos there is a small publication that is handed out for free, you should place an ad in it.

4) Yellow book, If you are not currently in your local yellow pages, it is a good investment. BEWARE of national yellow book companies; make sure you pick the local one that is used in your area. Be skeptical of add-ons. Yellow pages tend to have a higher CPM but it is a must for a service business

Good Luck. You are free to email me if you have any questions.

FreedomFireCom

These folks will build and manage a website for you.

Many of the websites they've created are in the top 3% on Google. That would get you a good amount of web traffic. But not just traffic....traffic that converts to sales. That's what you really want. That's the kind of a website they build. One that has a high conversion rate.

To learn more visit their website

http//services.sitesell.com/FreedomFire1.html