bulleted text line spacing

liunx

I have a bulleted (unordered) list. Where there is text that wraps to more lines, the last text line usually has a larger line space above it than the rest of the lines. How do I fix this?<br />
<br />
I am using FrontPage & Dreamweaver and have an advanced knowledge of HTML code.<br />
<br />
This problem also comes up intermittently with paragraphed text. The final line of text has a larger space above it than the other lines. When this happens, I fix it by sticking a </p> code at the end of the text. This doesn't work with the bulleted text. It just makes a larger space between the the bullets.<br />
<br />
Does anyone know how to fix this? Many thanks!!!<!--content-->I use frontpage sometimes as well and I have done some extensive searching on the net about this exact problem and it seems that this is a problem with frontpage itself and not your HTML code. Hope that helps. :D<!--content-->Thanks. It seems that it happens with DreamWeaver too.<br />
<br />
Does anyone know of a work-around?<!--content-->...Just out of curiousity: if you have an "advaced knowledge of HTML", why bother with FrontPage and DreamWeaver :confused: :confused:<br />
<br />
As far as your problem goes, it is hard to tell without seeing the code. Post a link or snippet that shows the described behavior.<!--content-->:rolleyes: its ok to be lazy, right?<!--content-->snippet of the code:<br />
<br />
<br />
<ul><br />
<li><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#666666" size="1">Customer <br />
Relationship Management System (CRM) - allows representatives <br />
to document customer interactions and assist with problem resolution <br />
during future callbacks.&nbsp; Issues are categorized for clients <br />
to help identify problem areas.&nbsp; In addition, clients have <br />
web-based access to monitor trouble tickets at any time.</font></li><br />
<br />
<li><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#666666" size="1">Remote <br />
silent monitoring - upon request, client engineers and management <br />
can listen to interactions between support representatives and <br />
customers, from the client's office.</font></li><br />
<br />
<li><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#666666" size="1">System <br />
monitoring - we are able to monitor the ISP client's network to <br />
determine system status.</font></li><br />
<br />
<li><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#666666" size="1">Internet <br />
Connection Wizard - an ideal program for an ISP switch-over, this <br />
software fits conveniently on a floppy disk and automatically <br />
updates the user's settings for DNS servers, email servers, and <br />
email address.&nbsp;</font></li><br />
</ul><!--content-->font tag was depreciated eons ago ("advanced knowledge of HTML", huh?) .... start by removing it and using CSS.<br />
With WYSI!WYG editors you may save some time laying things out, but then waste twice as much for debugging. I would call this being masochistic, not lazy...<!--content-->Use stylesheets and throw away those <font> tags<br />
<br />
li { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;<br />
color: #666; font-size: 10px;<br />
margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px;<br />
padding: 0px }<br />
<br />
Its not clear to me what your problem is. If you want additional space between two list items, use margin-top: 10px or something. Just play around with margin and padding to get the effect you desire.<!--content-->Even though it is deprecated, the font tag shouldn't be affecting only part of the block it surrounds. What browser(s) show the extra space?<!--content-->It sounds to me that the list is defining terms; on a semantic level therefore it would be better served as a 'definition list' rather than unordered. <br />
<br />
A link to the page in question may help with diagnostics since the list itself doesn't tell the whole story.<!--content-->

Back