Browser Controls

liunx

Hi guys!<br />
<br />
I have a question.<br />
I'd like to know how can I make in such way that when I click on a link, a new window pops up and in there at the top the only control you can see and is available is the navigation bar. I don't want under any circumstances to see the address bar (actually my goal is to hide this from the user). Again, the only thing I want to see is the navigation bar.<br />
<br />
Thanx!<br />
<br />
Diablomax<!--content--><a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"#" onclick="window.open('mypage.html', 'MyWindow','resizable=no,scrollbars=no,width=580,height=460,toolbar=yes,location=no');>link here</a><!--content-->Thank you very much Scoutt!!!<br />
<br />
I didn't check it yet, but it looks valid to me... that's the thing I was looking for "location=no", I didn't know that trick, I could all others but didn't know how you call the addressn bar, so the name of that is "location"<br />
<br />
Thank you very much!!!<br />
<br />
Diablomax<!--content-->you're welcome :)<br />
<br />
I didn't test it either,but it should work.<!--content-->I test it, it works just fine!!!<br />
<br />
ThanX again! :-)<!--content-->Just a suggestion. Instead of placing a # in the href attibrute, try javascript: void(0). This prevents the main page you are on from jumping back to the top of the page. Sometimes when you have a long page and you want to pop up a window 3/4 of the way down it (when the visitor clicks for more info, or whatever) you don't want the page to jump back up to the top. <br />
<br />
Of course, for small pages this is not necessary.<!--content-->Thanx Torrent!<br />
<br />
I'll try that too!<br />
<br />
Ciao!<!--content-->

Back