bgcolor problem

liunx

Well, I tried to define both a background image, and a background color in CSS. It didn't seem to work. Instead all I got was the background color. So I thought I'd define the image (a 150px by 1px gif repeating vertically) via CSS, and the color in the html body tag. It works, but only for the part of the page with content. When viewed at 1024x768 I see a blank white section at the bottom. The image works fine, and repeat all the way to the bottom, but the bgcolor="#99AACC" in the body tag only goes about 7/8 the way down the page.<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cis212.dikaios.net/background/test">http://cis212.dikaios.net/background/test</a><!-- m --><!--content-->i'm looking at the page on 1024 X 768 but the image and color are repeating all the way to the bottom for me<!--content-->heres an example of some body tags in CSS:<br />
<br />
<STYLE TYPE="text/css"><br />
BODY <br />
{CURSOR: url("grey.cur");<br />
BACKGROUND: #000000 url("your.jpg");<br />
COLOR: #FFFFFF;<br />
FONT-FAMILY: VERDANA;<br />
FONT-SIZE: 18pt;}<br />
</STYLE><br />
<br />
hope that help... jaeman<!--content-->Hmmm, happens in ie 6.0.2600.0000 AND in mozilla 0.6.1<br />
<br />
See attached<!--content-->i don't seem to have a problem with your code or my code, i use win98se with IE6 same as you, must be something your doing or not doing...? jaeman<!--content-->First off, here is the code I use in CSS. I can't seem to add a bg color to it, w/out losing the image all together<br />
<br />
background-image:url(../images/99aacc.gif);<br />
background-repeat:repeat-y;<br />
<br />
<br />
Also, I tried remote desktoping into my home comp, and trying it on NS 7.1 and I got the same thing. So I pulled out my laptop, which has IE with EVERY available update, and I get the same thing. The only thing that I can think of that is the same, is that all 3 are winXP pro systems. Maybe the problem is with XP?<!--content-->background-image:url(../images/99aacc.gif);<br />
<br />
Did you try the color b4 the image with background: not background-image: ?<br />
<br />
background: #000000 url("../images/99aacc.gif");<br />
<br />
jaeman:)<!--content-->I think so jaeman. I just got it figured out though. It needs to be done ALL in CSS, and it looks like this:<br />
<br />
background-color: #99AACC;<br />
<br />
I think that I was just slipping before. I'm pretty sure that I did this:<br />
<br />
background: #99AACC;<br />
<br />
<br />
And I think the background command overwrote the background-**** commands.<!--content-->

Back