Best chat for vB with PM support

frizzo

What is the best Chat for vBulletin? I am getting so many different responses and everyone that I try seems a little on the crappy side, I want something that looks like it was designed now not 1990 and has PM support built in.

CarlMan

Well lets look on the options.

cChat
The most popularly used chat mod. But the latest version has not been released yet on the board. It might be recommended to try it on a temp board and not on a production site.

Cyb Chatbox:
Looks very promising, im sure it is as good as their other products. I have not tried it yet tho.

MGC Chatbox Evo:
You can download this one here on vbTeam, but I've heard terrible things about this. It can destroy the tables and such, i would not recomend it. It is one of the most popular chats out there for vB, with a regular updates.

Flashchat:
This is an external chat which you could integrate with vB. Although the developers website looks like something from the 90s and the chat makes weird sounds...well, ehm this is probably the worst of them all. But you might consider it since it looks very special and has a built in PM.

---

well thats all for that, if you have anything else to add feel free to post under me ^^

spacemanc

I'm a noob at al this vbulletin stuff, and I'm just making my first forum.

I tried all the different chat mods yesterday, and I'm going for Cyb Chatbox.

Some of the others have more features, but Cyb Chatbox is simple, clean, and does exactly what its supposed to do and nothing else ;)

indratujuh

spacemanc said:
I'm a noob at al this vbulletin stuff, and I'm just making my first forum.

I tried all the different chat mods yesterday, and I'm going for Cyb Chatbox.

Some of the others have more features, but Cyb Chatbox is simple, clean, and does exactly what its supposed to do and nothing else ;)

same here.... agreed, i also use cyb chatbox on my forum