BattleGear annoying side scroll bar?

RecklezzWarez

how do i remove the annoying side scroll bar?
as you can see here, i have this stuck on my website,

annoyingbar.png

I maximize my web browser and it still shows! >
can anyone please help me remove this annoying bar? thank you in advanced!

GgAcE

First off you posted this in the other thread.

Second off, this looks like it has to do with a style sheet or a predifined window template. I suggest uninstalling & reinstalling the theme.

The HTML is telling your browser window that no matter what size it is, the website should only display at

Height: xx
Width: xx

This is not normal for this skin as I personally run this.

GgAcE

Patchy said:
When I installed it localy, test board, It did the same (the bottom scroll bar).

Just go into the forumdisplay template & change the width by about 5-7 points it looks like. Their seems to be to much spacing on your boards.

RecklezzWarez

GgAcE said:
First off you posted this in the other thread.

Second off, this looks like it has to do with a style sheet or a predifined window template. I suggest uninstalling & reinstalling the theme.

The HTML is telling your browser window that no matter what size it is, the website should only display at

Height: xx
Width: xx

This is not normal for this skin as I personally run this.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same things still comes up.

GgAcE said:
Just go into the forumdisplay template & change the width by about 5-7 points it looks like. Their seems to be to much spacing on your boards.

I looked in the forumdisplay template and there are several width settings, could you tell me which one specifically to make?

Go to the skins CSS under Admincp ---> Style manager and there is a width adjustment it will be in % eg 100% or it will be in px eg 900px change that to a lower number for example 80% or 800px and it will make the scroll go away.

GgAcE

Note, is that little scrollbar THAT annoying to go through the hassle of trying to find the right code snippet?

I really don't see it as priority one to be honest. Rather silly to stress over.

Filez

Ok here is the deal since it drives you crazy. right click on your desktop > property > settings > once here try setting your screen resolution to the max. This will cause the screen to shrink and possibly fix your problem with the annoying scrol bar. If your max res is less than 1024 X 768 then you need a new gfx card and probally a new monitor.

GgAcE

filez said:
Ok here is the deal since it drives you crazy. right click on your desktop > property > settings > once here try setting your screen resolution to the max. This will cause the screen to shrink and possibly fix your problem with the annoying scrol bar. If your max res is less than 1024 X 768 then you need a new gfx card and probally a new monitor.

Again with my point. So much trouble for a silly scrollbar =P

RecklezzWarez

GgAcE said:
Note, is that little scrollbar THAT annoying to go through the hassle of trying to find the right code snippet?

I really don't see it as priority one to be honest. Rather silly to stress over.

your right, im going to go for another skin.

filez said:

that didnt fix, but im just going to search for another skin.

nitins60

Battle Gear skin one of the cool dark skins... however i agree, it sucks in many ways....

* btw, i modified it and tweaked it lot (removing stupid sidebars and width problems etc.. lot), now it's the BEST dark skin.. lol

AWC108

yea same problem here. It's so annoying. Btw why isn't the NULLED skin not same as the original skin showed in the DEMO? Is skin editing required to NULLED these skins? :| I really wished the skin looks JUST the same as the demo on vBSkinworks site.

I meant the width and stuff, there is no annoying scroll bar in the demo and when you leave FORUMHOME you don't see the sidebar anymore which is good because we don't need it all the time.

Anyone know what the issue is here?