base href to a location replace to an include to a base href???

liunx

I'm needing to address a major issue within the next 1&1/2 weeks. <br />
<br />
Simple facts:dir structure for SPLIT webs that display in one location for a pre-formated site defined with SSI looks like this...<br />
<br />
the control: root/local/district/news/<br />
<br />
the current month: root/d#/newsrelease.shtml that contains an include tag for the base href<br />
<br />
the archived month: root/d#/news/year/month/archive.shtml which also contains a base href for the links<br />
<br />
what i need to do:<br />
Somehow have the included base href page to do an auto re-direct (like location.replace) to the archived format on the control end, while refrencing a new base href so the links will remain active.<br />
<br />
NOTE: the current and past months all refrence the same style of SSI, however they are located in different sub dir's like that of root/local/district/news/year/month<br />
<br />
any suggestions? i'm wanting to create this so when the user links to their archive.shtml file it redirects the viewers to the formated page, while keeping the links base, AND not looping on the location replace.<br />
<br />
i hope someone can help!<br />
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey:<!--content-->I thought you fixed this already? didn't you use the <base href> tag in the page? maybe you need a javascript that could do this, which is beyond my mental capacity :D<!--content-->true, but the link refrencing has to be absolute on their end, which requires linking with the full URL to the template archive for that month. The users want to link to their archive file in their web and be done with it (makes sence) but it wont work for the archives unless i redirect it. Mabey if there is a line of javascript that stops a redirect? yea! that would work!<br />
<br />
any suggestions?<br />
chris<pixelmonkey>:monkey:<!--content-->

Back