backlink recognition time?

leosheik

Doesn't it normally take google to recognize new backlinks a day or two?Nah, it usually takes from a couple weeks to a month for them to show up in the database. Usually they show up about the time PageRank changes which is usually during one of Google's little dances.Sometimes it takes even longer than that depending on how deep into their site your link is posted, and how frequently they get spidered by google. I think we're do for an update though .. so maybe another week??What deadZ just said makes a good point too. Chances are if the page that is linking to you is a higher PR, you will be found faster because google will reach it more often. If the page is a really low PR then that page isn't nearly as important to Google, and it may take much longer for Google to find you.I think PageRank and backlinks might change again soon too. Many SERPs change about 3-4 days ago, but nothing with backlinks.It appears as though google has updated the PR in the toolbar, and backwards links. Atleast 2 of my sites were updated today.Yup they started changing a few days ago. I think two datacenters are showing the new PR now which means it will fluctuate some until they are all changed. I noticed for me though that the SERPs changed a little over a week ago.Diddo for Germany, the backlinks (at least some of them) are showing up now.I have a new site that's showing backlinks for the first time --- does it mean that until the next update, I'll only have those backlinks showing, or is Google progressively updating backlinks (and thus, I can expect my PR to keep improving over the next few days?)That is probably what the backlinks will be at for a few weeks or more now. It does not progressively update when it updates. It goes from one to another and that is it. It just progressively updates the numerous datacentes which is why it might appear to fluctuate between the old and new at times since when you goto google you are not always accessing the same datacenter (they do this to even out the loads between datacenters so that you always get results fast).I need to remember where I posted! heheh, the reason I was asking this is because I added the "bro.acgcny.com" link to my signature, and when I checked backlinks in google for the site, it already had 310 listed all from ozzu, and some posts didn't even have the the domain anywhere in it but that part of my signature.You might never see some backlinks with a Google backlinks search.DavidI use a server side inclued to append a footer to each page in my site. Is this visible to google when it crawls my page? Or is it looking only at the html code.It is visible, because it is server side, and will run and insert the code before google (client side) crawls.I just received three backlinks that I had been waiting on for two months. Has some google event occured lately. Is this an abnornally long time. I have others that I am waiting on as well.