Background to fill empty screen area

liunx

Hi,<br />
<br />
I've got a web template coded to a fixed width of 800 pixels. When the monitor is set to 1024*768 or higher, the template design is centered, with lots of empty (white) space around. However, the design features some bright colored and white areas that sort of makes it "blend in" with the white space, so I need some sort of border or background to offset this and make the whole thing look better...<br />
<br />
How can I add a background or border that will make the page design stand out from the empty white space?<!--content-->are you using a css? if so, what kind?<br />
<br />
<br />
if yuo just want a background color, you can add it in your body tag like this:<br />
<br />
<body bgcolor="COLOR"> (name the color)<br />
<br />
or<br />
<br />
<body bgcolor="#ff00ff"> (where ff00ff is a colorcode)<br />
<br />
(normally it just looks plain like <body>, just add the bgcolor thing)<br />
<br />
<br />
this all is a little different with a css though.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
another option is to make a line around the outer table. tip: post the webpage, that's handy for theproblem solver to see what you are talking about... still learning myself too!<!--content-->Thanks,<br />
<br />
No, it's pure HTML, no CSS.<br />
<br />
How could I get a background like the grey texture area on this site: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rosem.com">www.rosem.com</a><!-- w --> ?<!--content-->that page has a background image that is in some tables. also that site is made up of all images as they sliced (made the iamges seperate from a big image) it to look like that.<br />
<br />
we can't help you without some code of yours.<!--content-->Hi,<br />
<br />
I'm only interested in the grey part with white little dots on, that cover the left & right sides of the actual site design...<br />
<br />
From what I can understand, it merely consists of the attatched image repeated over and over again. But how should I code this?<!--content-->in your body tag add this<br />
<br />
background="bg.gif"<!--content-->

Back