background images/text layout

windows

I've been trying to layout some text so that it runs down into a blank area of an image. I tried slicing the image but wasn't successful.<br />
It was suggested I try it as a background image, but (with the exception of Netscape 4.7 & 6.1, which seem to work well) the image gets partially tiled even though I made the image the same size as the cell. Also the text doesn't start at the top of the table where I'd like it but quite a bit down and ends up running into the image. If I don't specify height in the table tag the text starts at the top but the image is cropped.<br />
Wha's hoppenin'? (I hope this isn't another cross-browser headache question. If I had my druthers, I'd druther it worked everywhere but Netscape - Greek characters Netscraped -http://www.htmlforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=8190)<!--content-->Can't say as I really understand what it is you are trying to do, but using layers might be the ticket. Lay out your page minus the text that is supposed to run down into the blank area of the image.<br />
<br />
Then use style attributes to position the text exactly in the area of the image you want it to be. <br />
<br />
Something like:<br />
<br />
<div id="layer2" style="position: absolute; width: XXX; height: XXX; top: XXXpx; left: XXXpx; z-index: 2; visibility: visible"><br />
your text here with any HTML code <br />
</div><br />
<br />
change the XXX's to the correct numeric values to position the text (using the top left corner which is- top: 0px; left: 0px; as the reference point) over the correct area of the image. <br />
<br />
Kevin<!--content-->I'll give it a valiant attempt at figuring out an understanding of how to do this. Thanks. It sounds like it should work. I'll get back to you in my slow ma棣籲a-like way.<!--content-->

Back